23 August 2008
Four major UK environmental groups, Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace, RSPB and WWF, recently made a “Joint Statement on Coal and Carbon Capture & Storage” placing five key demands on the UK government:
- focus on renewables and energy efficiency;
- introduce greenhouse gas emissions standards;
- introduce emission standards for existing plants from 2020;
- keep a clear focus in any CCS demonstration programme;
- and introduce strong legislation on CO2 storage and transport.
The full statement is available on the Greenpeace page here.Author : markjohnston